Continuing its legacy of excellence, the Orion Series 28mm takes center stage as the latest addition to Atlas Lens Co.'s catalog of anamorphic cinema lenses. Following the successful launch of the world’s widest currently shipping front anamorphic lens: the Orion 21mm— we are continuing to expand cinematographers’ creative palette with the new 28mm Orion T2.
The Orion 28mm T2 is optimized for use on both film and digital sensors and offers:
- Lower distortion for an incredibly wide lens
- 98º horizontal field-of-view with 2x anamorphic squeeze
- 18” (1.5’) close focus
- Covers traditional anamorphic 4:3 film and digital sensor formats up to 24.89mm x 18.66mm and covers full-frame formats edge-to-edge with Atlas 1.6x LF Extender
Filled with Optical Personality, the Orion Series family of lenses emanates an extraordinary blend of character, color, and clarity. Embracing the geometric charisma of vintage front anamorphic, it delivers painterly oval bokeh, alluring barrel distortion, and dynamic streak flares. Coupled with consistent anamorphic ratio, exceptional close-focus capability, and low chromatic aberration, these lenses redefine the boundaries of visual storytelling.
Key Features and Specifications:
- Fast T2 aperture for exceptional low-light performance and creative depth of field control.
- Wide Angle field of view with controlled geometric distortion in a focal length loved by filmmakers
- Interchangeable Mount System with native PL/EF mount options for versatile compatibility.
- Exceptional optical performance, with modern mechanics and vintage look.
- Characteristic cyan streak flares, artistic barrel distortion, and minimal chromatic aberration.
- PL/EF mount, catering to both professional cinema cameras and mirrorless systems.
- Retail Price: $9,995
The Orion Series family offers both Arri PL and Canon EF mounts to ensure compatibility with a broad spectrum of cinema grade as well as lighter weight cameras. Unified focus and iris gear position and standardized dimensions and functions greatly streamline on-set usability.